News Letter

News Letter

Friday, July 21, 2006

No 153


Dear Customers & Friends
Hello from Japan! This is Kimono Flea Market ICHIROYA's News Letter No.153.These days, it has been very hot as usual. Yesterday I went Iga toattend a kimono auction. Auction house is a shanty, room air temperaturehad to be hotter than outdoor air temperature. Of course there is notair conditioner, only several fans stirred the hot air. We had to havetowel to wipe our sweat. All auction staff sweated, and they had to becareful not to drop their sweat on kimonos. Items were less than usual,and also the bidders were less. Japan's summer is very hot, and usuallykimono stores never be able to have good sales at mid summer season. Sothe auction was on low tone, and hotness made bidders depressed. We hadlunch in our cars with air conditioner turn on, and at the rest time icecandies were handed out. I got two, and ate one and put another in mytowel. I put the towel (with ice candy) around my neck - cool ice feelmade me little bit easy to bear the hotness. However, we got some rare and valuable items in such touch condition.One is Yumigahana kasuri yogi - tortoise and anchor were hand woven byweft ikat, and its pattern is very fine and artistic. It must be one ofour best kasuri yogi we have ever had.Another valuable item is vintage black furisode. Other bidders did notseem to be concentrated because of hotness. Its design is not sounusual, but its details of yuzen work and embroidery are superb. I won,and when the furisode came to my hand, I was surprised with its fineworks. If it was offered at large auction in Kyoto or Tokyo, the winningbid had to be way expensive. We will offer these items this week. Just wait till you see them on theweb!
Soccer World Cup ended. Japan national team couldn't pass the first heat.Our national team seemed to be overestimated, and we Japanese are verydisappointed with the result. We would like to say congratulations to the customers from Italy.
Zidane's head butt was disappointed. Unbridled passion brought to an end.In my opinion, he could appeal after the match ended. Ronaldinho was also disappointing. Everyone had to want to see and enjoyhis super plays more. Although my most favorite sport is ice hockey(I was a ice hockey playerat university), World Cup reminded me the feeling of matches of icehockey. Verbal abuse, threat and bagarre were ordinary occurrence. Someplayers came near calmly and said with a menacing gesture, ' After thematch, come to the park.' Most players punch with only bare hands, butthere were a few really dangerous guys, who stamped the player's bareface with sharp edge of skate shoes. Every athletes have the highs and the lows, and I had a few games when Iwas unusual top condition as if I felt I could do anything. It was the match of the last formal league game before graduation. I wasthe left wing of the first set, and in very good condition. At thesecond period, I was hit by the opposing team's defence player. Istood up and went back to the bench. At that time I wore contact glass.After the pain gone, I noticed my vision didn't become clear. I noticedthe left eye's glass dropped and was missing. I had to go onto the icerink again, and had to continue the game with unclear vision. Everythingwas over the mist, I couldn't follow the pack. I felt I lost that gameand league with contact glass missing.At the rest time between the second and the third period, I confessed mycondition and asked the teammate to look for the contact glass on theice rink. There was no one-day contact glass those days and contactglasses were quite costly.As you know, hockey rink is huge and contact glass is verysmall and transparent. In addition, it might be broken during theplayers running. Everyone thought it had to be impossible to find out myglass, but we went out on to the rink, and started to look for it on theice at places. I went to the place where I was hit, and squatted on myknees.Miracle happened. I found the my contact glass where I squatted at first.The contact glass was on the ice, and was not broken!I put my contact glass on, clear vision came back suddenly. Andincredible top condition came at the third period. Vision and everythingbecame clear and sharp, I could see everything as if I controlled thewhole game. Miracle pass succeeded often, opposing defence player couldn'tstop my rush to the goal. As a result my team won, and I got 5 goals! It was one of may happiest days of my modest life.
Thank you for reading to the end. Today we will list some obi, karinuifabric, shiromuku, obi design sheet and cute antique items.We will be very happy if you have time to check our new arrivals!domo arigato gozaimasu
Ichiro & Yuka WadaKimono Flea Market "ICHIROYA"http://www.ichiroya.com
e-mail: info@ichiroya.comaddress: Asia-shoji Bldg.301 1841-1 Nishi 1 chome Wakamatsu cho Tondabayashi city Osaka 584-0025 JAPANTEL&FAX ****( international number ) - 81-721-23-5446

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home