News Letter

News Letter

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

No86

Dear Customers and Friends.
Hello from Japan! This is Kimono Flea Market ICHIROYA's News Letter No.86Couple of days ago we felt spring finally had come. But just now we are having snow. Snowflakes are very big, and they are like cotton! It is biggest flake of snow we have had in this winter. To explain this season, we have a phrase 'San-kan-shi-on'. Each words mean 'San'( Three ), 'Kan'( Cool ), 'Shi'( Four) and 'On'( Warm ). So the phrase mean ' We have three cool days and four warm days one after the other. We don't have warmer days everyday, but gradually warm days increase.'
I heard that Hideki Matsui had two home runs at these two pre-season games. As Ichiro Suzuki did, he made impressive records for years at Yomiuri Kyojin Giants in Japan Pre Baseball League, and transfered to New York Yankees. He is expected to be inflexible cleanup batter, and is thought to be. He is an exceptionally good guy ( I am not acquainted with him, but everyone says he is a good guy who never changes and has a humble heart even though he has been a super star for a long time ), and we Japanese are very proud of him as much as Ichiro Suzuki.In Japan, baseball is the most popular pro sports. And when I was a little boy, how I was eager to become a pro baseball player! At that time manga (comics) titled 'Kyojin-no-hoshi' ( Star of Youmiru Kyojin Giants) was very popular among boys. It is a story about a father and his son, who are very poor and tried to become an ace pitcher of Yomiuri Kyojin Giants. It was serialized in weekly comics magazine, and almost all boys were absolutely-fascinated with this particular story . Hideki Matsui is way younger than our age, but he also must had read it. The central character of that manga ( Hyuma Hoshi) was our hero, who all boys wanted to be like him. Hoshi literally means `a star' but also it could be a name in Japan. We seem to have to give up many many things during having ages. It is a sweet and sour memory when I gave up my ability to be an pro baseball player. I was very short, and my hight was only 136cm-53.5in when I was 13 years old. At elementary school always I had been in the front when we lined up. My father sometimes took me out, and played catch-ball with me. He always sat and became a catcher, and I threw as a pitcher. At that time I didn't belong to a team, but I enjoyed only thrawing to my father. Once our small town became to have an baseball team for a tournament.I didn't know why, but then it was rumored that Ichiro(it's me!) was a very good baseball player and pitcher altough he didn't belong to any team. At that time I have never had experience to participate in game, and didn't know my level. But I thought I might be a super player as rumor said, if they said so. I did not know where this rumore came from.And the day came, when a coach gathered and checked the players of our town. For the first time in my life I wore a baseball uniform, and went to the field. My memory of that test day remain only at intervals. I was in a left field. Coach hit the ball very high, I run to the ball, but my visual judgement was completely wrong, and a ball went far over my head. Twice or three times in series, I missed the balls. I had to be far away from a coach, but I am sure I heard that he said 'Latrine rumor!'It was really a sweet and sour memory. Our town didn't have enough players, so I was added to the regular members, and second/lineup 6th. Luckily I made a banjo hit and drove in. But after that time I never dreamed to become a pro sports man at all. So when I hear the news of Japanese basaball players who are playing important roles, it sometimes reminds me of the day with sweet feeling.
Very sorry for the long story, which is not related to kimono. Today we are listing very rare Hinagatabon. Luckily we got more than several ones from our friends. Hinagatabon is becoming very rare, and especially one of them has rich and fantastic contents. Yuka insisted to keep the volume for us, but at last we decided to offer all to our customers, because it is our work.'Hinagata' means 'form', and 'bon' means 'book'. So 'Hinagatabon' means the kimono design form or sample book. They were wood block printed published in Edo period(1603-1868), and sometimes includes hand painted design book. They are the valuable research data to know the mode's change and technique progress of kimono. Now 120 kinds of hinagatabon are known to be existed. First books was published in 1666 and titled 'Ohiinakata', and latest one was published in 1820 titled 'Banzaihinakata'. They were publised in Edo(Tokyo), Kyoto and Osaka.When they were published in Edo period(1603-1868), they were printed only with black. Also in Meiji priod(1868-1912) hinagatabon were reprinted with original wood blockst. And hinagatabon from Meiji priod(1868-1912) were used colors. Today we are offering hinagatabon from Meiji and have wonderful vivid colors. Patterns are very fine and artistic, and designs for the ryozuma(mirror image design) are many. They also includes some very witty and sophisticated design, which we have never seen in the real vintage kimono. Our staffs took many photos of them yesterday. We are very happy if you could browse and savor the photos of them.
http://www.ichiroya.com/item/search.php?md=0314
Today we also have listed gorgeous kurotomesode karinui fabrics ( include very unique pattern ) and some bolts. We are very happy if you could check them.
Thank you for reading to the end. We wish you have a warm spring soon!
Ichiro & Yuka WadaKimono Flea Market "ICHIROYA"http://www.ichiroya.com
e-mail: info@ichiroya.comaddress: Asia-shoji Bldg.301 1841-1 Nishi 1 chome Wakamatsu cho Tondabayashi city Osaka 584-0025 JAPANTEL&FAX ****( international number ) - 81-721-23-5446

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home