News Letter

News Letter

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

No 69

Dear Customers & Friends
Hello from Japan! This is Kimono Flea Market ICHIROYA's News LetterNo.69.
Besides many matters occur everyday in this world, our daily work continue day after day. What a pleasure to be able to work in the way we like! I am not a Christian, but I thank God ( or I don't know what I should call him ) for busy but peaceful days.Today I am writing the latest news around me.
*I was in Niigata city a few days ago, to attend one of the kimono auction as usual. There was a big earthquake 2 weeks ago in mid Niigata district, and while I stayed there, there was another aftershock in the 4 level on the Japanese earthquake scale. It was around 9 a.m. and I am on a taxi, and felt nothing. Niigatacity is far from the earthquake source, and I have seen nothing effect of the previous strong earthquake.It killed more than 30 people, but I relived to hear that bidders or sellers we know in Niigata district were all safe. Some antique sellers said some of their antique china were broken, but kimono were safe. Kimono is strong to earthquake! ( But weak to flood). One antique dealer says after strong earthquake, many antique goods always come to the market, because the houses and store rooms are broken. This time auction had less items, but he says from next time items will increase dramatically. Many people are still taking shelter. No words to say.
*My English teacher Chris san returned to England. Authority didn't allow him to stay more as a English teacher. But he loves Japan, and he wants to stay here with all his heart. He bought approx 100 kimono and haori, and sent them to his country. Maybe now he is selling his kimono at flea market in England. If he can earn enough money, he will return Japan and stay 2 weeks to buy more kimono to be sold. I had a day lesson about kimono for free. He selected his kimono based only on its price, design and condition. Just same as start of our business three years ago. No words, except Good luck!
*We lease a big wagon Toyota 'Hiace'.These five years our car have been Honda CRV, a medium class off-roader. I bought it because I loved river fishing. These days we use it for also carrying kimono. Sometimes I buy too many kimono at a auction, and I must jam them into my car not only luggage space but also rear seat and passenger seat. Always friends astonish to see incredibly many packages are jammed, but I must drive without rearward visibility. With using big wagon, I would be able to buy as much as we want! But the more we buy kimono and spend expense, the more we must sell. No words to say, except Happy.
*Several customers came to our office from Germany, Australia and United States.We are sorry but we are not be able to entertain them enough. We are in Osaka near Kyoto, and I also had lived for 5 years in Kyoto. But always we are puzzled that we don't know good out-of-the-way place or restaurant for foreign customers. Maybe we must more enjoy our daily life in Japan. We were very happy if we had a large home, which we can offer a room for them. Anyway we don't have enough words to thank you!
*My father went into the hospital for the first time in his life. Sickness was not serious, and now he discharged from the hospital. I visited him to the hospital. He is not a tall man, but he looked smaller than usual on the bed. He smiled when I brought some magazines for him, and gave him an allowance. He is 75 years old, and seems to becoming like a child. He used to be a very very strict father and I was always afraid of him.
*Antique Kimono Market seems to declined this autumn as far as the market in Japan is concerned.Wearing antique kimono became very popular especially these years, and there hold many antique kimono selling events all over Japan. Now many department stores holds 'Antique Kimono Fair', and some friends sell their kimono at that events. All friends says sales declined dramatically compared to the previous year. They say wearing antique kimono boom is ending. We are not sure it is correct or not. But if the boom end, and the price become lower, we will be able to offer more antique kimono to our foreign customers. Whether the boom ends or not, the beauty of the antique kimono never vanish. You must be astonished how many beautiful antique kimono I passed for its too high prices.
*New Yen banknotes were issued. And Yen went up.New banknotes of 1000yen, 2000yen, 5000yen and 10000yen are beautiful. But its value are becoming lower compared to USD. Not 1USD is 105.5 yen ! We hope the day we must change all items' prices will not come near future.
Today we have listed rare sashiko noragi, sakiori rug, child kimono and fabrics. We are very happy if you could check them. Thank you again for reading to the end. We hope you a nice autumn day!http://www.ichiroya.com/item/search.php?pg=0&md=1108
Ichiro & Yuka WadaKimono Flea Market "ICHIROYA"http://www.ichiroya.com
e-mail: info@ichiroya.comaddress: Asia-shoji Bldg.301 1841-1 Nishi 1 chome Wakamatsu cho Tondabayashi city Osaka 584-0025 JAPANTEL&FAX ****( international number ) - 81-721-23-5446

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home